MODULA is fast and easy to use audio engine for wide range of mobile platforms.
MODULA can play multi channel music, sound effects and samples, mix huge number of sound channels, in both mono and stereo, on various output frequencies, with minimal processor overload.
- iPhone / iPod Touch
- Palm OS 5.x / MotionApps Classic on webOS
- Windows Mobile Professional / Classic / PocketPC
- Windows Mobile Standard / Smartphone
- SymbianOS S60 (Series 60)
- Linux x86
- Mac OS X Intel/PowerPC
- Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / 98
- MOD player
[ProTracker song format with 31 samples, 4 channels, 128 patterns, vibrato, tremolo, portamento and other sound effects]
- RAW samples playing. Sample looping supported.
- Mixing up to 64 channels.
- Fast audio mixer and MOD song parser.
- Minimal CPU usage.
- Optimized for portable devices.
- Audio mixing output supports any output frequency.
[Typical frequencies: 44KHz, 22KHz, 16KHz, 11KHz, 8KHz.]
- Quality sound output.
- Simple API to use for developers.
MODULA audio engine is compatible with many compilers. We have sucesfully tested it with next compilers:
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior
- PalmSource PalmOS Developer Suite
- Microsoft Visual Studio C/C++
// Initialize MODULA, set audio output to 44KHz/Stereo
// Set MOD volume to 50%
// Load MOD song from resource files and start playing
// Set SFX volume to double MOD volume
SFXSetVolume( MODGetVolume() * 2 );
// Play sound sample
SFXPlaySample(SamplePointer, Size, Frequency, Volume);
// Pause MOD song
// Free resources allocated by MODULA before exit
Download MODULA demonstration and you will be able to hear the sound from MODULA audio engine.
The demonstration consist of seven different songs in MOD format. All of the songs represent different music styles and have various file sizes.
DOWNLOAD MODULA DEMO (zip)
DOWNLOAD MODULA DEMO (sit)
MODULA can play songs in MOD format. MOD format has been used for years already in games, scene demos and other types of programs that needed high quality multichannel music. Programs used for MOD music composing are called trackers and there are many trackers available for different platforms and operating systems. Most of them are freeware, so you won't have to invest more money into music composing software. Some of well known quality trackers are:
SkaleTracker (PC/Windows/Linux), Modplug Tracker (PC/Windows), Octamed Sound Studio (Amiga/PC), FastTracker (PC/DOS), ScreamTracker (PC/DOS), ImpulseTracker (PC/DOS), ProTracker (Amiga), NoiseTracker (Amiga), DigiBooster (Amiga) and many others.
We are offering MODULA audio engine for licensing under next prices:
- UNLIMITED license [ Cost: $499 ] PURCHASE LICENSE!
- With this license you can use MODULA in unlimited number of your applications or games!
One game/application license [ Cost: $299 ] PURCHASE LICENSE!
- MODULA can be used in only one application or game.
Additional game/application license [ Cost: $99 ] PURCHASE LICENSE!
- Additional applications or games can obtain MODULA license three times cheaper!